Three Islands Press End User License Agreement
This is a legal agreement between Three Islands Press (“3IP”) and any purchaser (“The Licensee”) of any 3IP font(s) regarding use of the associated digital type outlines (“The Software”).
In exchange for full payment of the agreed-upon fee, 3IP grants The Licensee a non-exclusive license for use of The Software, provided The Licensee agrees to these terms:
- 1. The Licensee may install and use The Software on up to five (5) CPUs (e.g., computers) at one location; installation on more than five such devices, or in more than one location, will require an additional license fee or fees.
- 2. For an additional fee, The Licensee may use @font-face or similar embedding technologies to make The Software accessible to third parties, so long as The Software may only be viewed and printed by those third parties—i.e., not edited. Furthermore, 3IP would ask that a link to www.3ipfonts.com be included on The Licensee’s website’s credits page, as well as a notice in The Licensee’s CSS file (near the code specifying The Software), e.g.: “Lamar Pen font by Brian Willson, 3IP (www.3ipfonts.com).”
- 3. The Licensee agrees not to redistribute The Software by any means except to its printers, output bureaus, design agencies, and the like, so long as The Software is reserved only and expressly for The Licensee’s own use.
- 4. The Licensee agrees to advise in writing its printers, output bureaus, design agencies, and the like, of the limitation described in 2., above, and to direct these agencies to 3IP for independent licensing of The Software for any other use; furthermore, The Licensee agrees to undertake any and all necessary steps to prevent unauthorized use of or access to The Software except as described in this agreement.
- 5. The Licensee, its agents, and/or partners may not disassemble or modify The Software in any way, nor convert The Software for use on another platform, except by express permission of 3IP.
- 6. The Licensee, its agents, and/or partners may not embed The Software in any materials not intended for The Licensee’s own use, except where such materials permit only viewing and printing—not editing, altering, enhancing, modifying, or extracting The Software for subsequent use.
- 7. The Licensee, its agents, and/or partners may not sub-license The Software.
- 8. The Software is owned by and is the intellectual property of 3IP, and its worldwide trademarks belong to 3IP; furthermore, The Licensee agrees to credit 3IP as the trademark and copyright owner of The Software wherever and whenever design, production, and/or other credits are shown or listed, e.g.: “Lamar Pen™ Copyright © Three Islands Press (www.3ip.com).”
- 9. In no way is 3IP liable for any computer trouble, property damage, personal injury, or loss of income or profits as a result of the use of The Software.
- 10. This agreement is governed by the laws of the State of Maine, U.S.A., and any other governing authority.
- 11. This agreement ends upon violation of any of these terms.
- 12. In the event of termination of this agreement, The Licensee agrees to destroy all copies of The Software at any and all of the locations described above.
For a multiple-license quote, call us at 207 596 6768, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or write us at:
Three Islands Press
P.O. Box 442
Rockland ME 04841-0442 USA